Project BG06-101 "International Youth Centre for children and youth at risk in the city of Stara Zagora", with the financial support of Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway through the EEA Financial Mechanism
The International Youth Centre For Work With Children And Young People At Risk – Stara Zagora (IYC – STZ) is created by a project of Stara Zagora Municipality, under the programme BG06 “Children and youth at risk”, component 1 “Care for youth at risk”, funded by EEA Financial Mechanism 2009‐2014. Programme operator in Republic of Bulgaria is the Ministry of Education and Science - Structural Funds and International Educational Programmes Directorate General. Programme promoter is Centre for Educational Integration of Children and Students from Ethnic Minorities (CEICSEM). The Council of Europe is the Donor Programme Partner.
The main objective of the project is to create an international youth centre by building and renovating appropriate infrastructure and the implementation of effective measures and services aimed at young people at risk. Another significant goal of the project is to meet the requirements of the Council of Europe Quality label for youth centres. In order to achieve the objectives, Stara Zagora Municipality has secured a municipal property, located in a suitable place with better communications and location in the city center.
Specific project objectives are:
- Renovation of an existing building, as well as furnishing and equipping it so that it could function as youth centre.
- Creation of youth clubs with different focus.
- Preparation and application for the Council of Europe Quality Label for youth centres.
- Ensuring sustainability of the project activities.
- Implementing the values of the Council of Europe as a main priority in the overall activities of the centre.